Thursday, September 8, 2011

Searching for Health Answers in Health Documentaries

Guest post by Serg

So today I'm watching Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead because my wife is experiencing chest pain and I need ideas and real life examples of what I as a husband can do to help my wife have a healthier lifesytle. Yeah, my wife at 30 years young is experiencing chest pain and shortness of breath. She also weighs in at about 110lbs standing tall @5'4. . . Talk about a wake up call! As a husband, I'm frightened beyond belief! We have two young kids that need their mommy, so we need to do some major changes in our household like:

  • Change the food we eat 
  • The oils we use to cook 
  • Increase physical activity
  • Reduce Negative Stress- The News
Why is it so hard for people in general to change something that they know is bad for them? Is it lack of knowledge? Lack of support? What? I take my role as husband to mean that I must make changes in my self and eating habbits in order to help my lovely wife out, so for the next few days I'm going  to:
  • Watch differnet health documentries
  • Read articles on women's health
  • Prepare fruit and veggie snacks- Organic and local

What are you going to do help support your spouse, family or friends health?


Today's Documentary: Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead is a documentary about an Ausie man's journey to changing his health after a doctor's visit reveals that although in the outside he looks fine, his insides are crying out for help. He changes his life through the power of juicing and in turn he helps others do the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment